Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says she has not yet finalised plans for her wedding this summer but may be forced to uninvite some guests under the new COVID-19 Protection Framework.
Speaking to Jono Pryor and Ben Boyce on The Hits radio station, Ardern was asked who would be number "one hundred and one" on her guest list if she were to be limited to 100 guests under the 'Red' setting of the traffic light system.
"Would it be Chris Hipkins? Andrew Little?" Boyce joked.
"It's that awkward situation, uninviting people is quite awkward. I haven't actually quite figured out what we're going to do," Ardern said.
When asked by Pryor what the original number of guests invited to the nuptials was, Ardern said she and partner Clarke Gayford hadn't finalised their plans yet.
"It's fair to say I'm leaving most things to Clarke at the moment," she added. "I'm the least involved bride ever!"
Earlier in the year the Prime Minister revealed she and Gayford had set a date for their wedding, to be held in Gisborne, which is also where the annual New Year's Eve festival Rhythm and Vines is held.
Concerns about the low vaccination rates in the area, which sits within the Tairāwhiti DHB, has prompted calls for RnV to be cancelled from residents and iwi who feel the risk of a COVID-19 outbreak is too high for the event to go ahead.
Currently, only 76 percent of residents are fully immunised against the virus, and the region will enter the new framework at 'Red', which would not allow more than 100 vaccinated people to gather.
Ardern wouldn't say on Wednesday morning whether or not the music event would go ahead, but insisted the Government had tried to do everything they could to "support festivals" in an "uncertain, hard" time.
As for the Prime Minister's other summer plans, she told The Hits while she's "technically always on call", she'd be working over the Christmas and New Year period, but other Ministers would take shifts across the break.
"I'll still be with my family, so that's the main thing," she said.