'You're the Voice' singer John Farnham is now in a stable condition in intensive care after nearly 12 hours of surgery on Tuesday (local time).
It was revealed the 73-year-old Australian icon was to undergo immediate surgery after the discovery of a cancerous growth.
He went under the knife at 8am (local time) and the surgery was completed by 7:30pm, his family said.
The family has revealed the growth was in Farnham's mouth.
In a statement on Wednesday (local time), the Farnham family said they had been overwhelmed by an "incredible wave of support, love and messages".
"The cancer tumour was located in his mouth and it has been successfully removed," Jill Farnham said.
"There is still a long road of recovery and healing ahead of us, but we know John is up for that task."
It's been reported that Farnham's family are "quietly confident things are going to be fine".
Speaking on Australian morning show Sunrise, entertainment reporter Peter Ford said the family had confirmed it was a tumour which needed to be removed.
Ahead of the surgery, Farnham himself said: "Cancer diagnosis is something that so many people face every single day, and countless others have walked this path before me.
"The one thing I know for sure is that we have the very best specialist healthcare professionals in Victoria and we can all be grateful for that. I know I am."