Ginger and chilli lend a zesty flavour to this soup, while cashews give it a hearty creaminess. This recipe is for use with a Vitamix blender.
Courtesy of our friends at Fresh.co.nz
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 7 Minutes
- 1 carrot, halved
- 1/4 cabbage, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum, cut into large pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 spring onion, diced
- 3 lemon slices, peel and seeds
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 cm fresh ginger root
- ½ red chilli, deseeded if desired
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp stock paste or 1 stock cube
- 2 cups water
- To garnish: coriander, chilli and cashews
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select soup mode.
- Turn machine on, and leave until the soup mode timer runs out. Season to taste, and blend for 10-20 seconds to combine.
- Serve immediately and garnish if desired.