A Melbourne nurse has shed a fast food addiction and over 100kg following warnings from her doctors she'd be dead by the time she's 40.
Five years ago, Emma Tuner was 160kg and wearing Size 30 clothes, but says she couldn't overcome an addiction to fast food like greasy pizzas, burgers, fries and ice-cream.
- The moment Kiwi weight loss blogger knew it was time for a change
- Celebrity trainer reveals his number one weight loss mistake
- How this teen lost half her body weight in under a year
Turner told Caters it wasn't until doctors warned her she wouldn't live another two years to see her 40th birthday she decided "enough was enough".
"I'd only gone to see my doctor about my sore back, and he just laid it all on me," she told the news agency.
"He told me that if I didn't lose weight, not only would my back not get better but I wouldn't survive past 40."
Now 42, the nurse had gastric band surgery and has since lost an incredible 104kg and dropped nine dress sizes.
She says being slim allows her to enjoy the world in a way she couldn't when she was obese.
"It is so difficult just to exist in the world at that size - everything is a struggle," she says.
"I would Google restaurants before I went there to ensure their seats were big enough.
"At that size, I only watched my life from the sidelines. Now I'm actually experiencing all the incredible things it has to offer and I feel amazing."
Emma's former diet
- Breakfast: Toasted sandwiches and a big bowl of cocoa pops
- Lunch: Takeaway souvlaki with deep-fried dim sum, seafood sticks and chicken cheese croquettes with a large coke
- Dinner: At least five large slices of pizza with thick toppings, with four more slices of garlic and cheese pizza bread
- Snacks: A big bag of crisps, chocolate bars and soft drink
- Dessert: Half an apricot pie with thickened cream and ice cream
Emma's current diet
- Breakfast: Porridge
- Lunch: Crackers with cheese, pickles and tuna
- Dinner: Small piece of steak with carrots, broccoli and potato
- Snacks: Handful of nuts or a protein bar; fruit smoothie with mango, banana, pineapple, coconut water and honey with low fat yoghurt.
- Dessert: A small ice lolly