Sushi fans get in line; a new offering is coming to town and shouting you lunch.
Cult Japanese-inspired artisan sushi store, Sushi Sushi is opening in Auckland this Thursday at the newly developed Botany Town Centre in Auckland.
The first 100 hungry punters through the door will enjoy a free hand roll, the store's signature offering.
For Kiwis, it will be the first taste of the 'Create Your Own Hand Roll Station', which has become popular across Australia.
The store promises celebrations will last a full month including children's sushi master classes, free Japanese calligraphy, and performances.
Thursday, May 2
- Taiko drumming demonstration: Feel the beat while local group Kumo Taiko performs 11-11:30am
- Calligraphy: Have your name written in Japanese calligraphy for free by local artist Rie Shibasaki 10am-2pm
- Win a trip to Japan: Snap a picture with the Golden Koi for your chance to win a trip for two
Saturday, May 11
- Sushi Sushi Kids' Masterclass: Learn how to build your own hand roll from skilled sushi artisans 10am-12pm
Saturday, May 18
- Origami workshop: Learn the traditional Japanese art of folding paper with local artist Jean Francois Vognin 10am-12pm