With Aotearoa firmly in the grip of the COVID-19 alert level 4 lockdown, many of us are beginning to miss the little creature comforts from before isolation - including takeaways.
Last week, the Twitter page of Burger King France offered up the recipe for its famous Whopper burger, so fans could attempt to make their own at home.
Now fast-food giant McDonald's has come to the party with some recipes which might help all those who indulged in a few too many wines within their bubble last night.
Macca's UK shared the recipes for making a classic sausage and egg McMuffin and accompanying hash brown with the Daily Mail.
Here's what you need to whip up a McDonald's breakfast, sans drive-thru:
Sausage and egg McMuffin
- One English muffin
- 75g of sausage meat
- Two eggs
- One slice of American cheese
- Toast English muffin until golden brown.
- Season sausage meat with a pinch of salt and pepper then shape into balls.
- Flatten into patty shapes and cook under a pre-heated grill for six to seven minutes on each side (or as per instructions on packaging).
- Brush the inside of a metal ring with a little oil and place in a small frying pan.
- Pour in just enough water to cover the base then bring to the boil.
- Crack the eggs into the rings, cover the pan and cook for two to three minutes.
- Assemble your McMuffin by layering the patty and egg on top of a slice of cheese.
- Olive oil
- Grate the potato into a bowl.
- Mix in an egg then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a glug of oil in a pan then add a spoonful of the mix.
- Flatten and cook until golden brown on both sides.
And that's it!
The fast-food giant is encouraging would-be customers to share their own creations on social media with the hashtag '#justlikeMcDonald's', and some of the results are so realistic, they have us drooling.