Is Monday feeling a little bleak today? If you are struggling to get through the afternoon without a sugar hit, we have just the delicious recipe you need - and you can whip it up in less than an hour.
This quick and easy slice recipe serves 16, so it's perfect for after school snack time when the kids have some friends over. Or, if you're like me, it's perfect for one person to eat on the couch while binge-watching Grey's Anatomy.
Any Kiwi kid knows that Farmbake is the greatest cookie offering out there and parent company Arnott's has provided us with this recipe, but if you don't have any on hand, Cookie Time or even Home Brand cookies will work in a pinch.
- 350g Arnott's Farmbake Chocolate Chip Fudge cookies
- 70g butter, melted
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 200g shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- 200g milk chocolate, broken
- 40g butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line base and sides of a 21cm x 21cm square cake tin with baking paper, extending 2cm above the edge of the pan.
- Place cookies in the bowl of a food processor and process to a fine crumb, add melted butter and pulse until combined. Press the biscuit mixture into the base of the prepared tin and refrigerate whilst preparing the filling.
- In a medium bowl combine condensed milk, coconut and egg. Mix well. Pour mixture over the biscuit base. Bake for 25 mins, allow to cool.
- Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on medium for 30-sec bursts until chocolate is melted. Pour over coconut layer. Chill. Cut into pieces.