Aussie woman comes home to find Kmart slow cooker 'shattered' from heat

An Aussie woman has issued a warning to others after coming home from work to find the lid of her Kmart slow cooker "shattered".

Posting in Facebook group 'Kmart Hacks and Decor', Erin Britton said she wanted to give others a "heads up". 

"I just got home and my entire lid has completely shattered from the heat," she wrote, with an accompanying photo of the broken glass lid.

"I've never had an issue with my last Kmart model slow cooker, however I've only had this one for a couple of months."

Erin Britton came home to find the slow cooker had exploded under the heat.
Erin Britton came home to find the slow cooker had exploded under the heat. Photo credit: Facebook/Kmart Hacks and Decor.

Britton's post racked up over 1000 reactions from shocked Kmart lovers, many expressing their concern while still seeing the funny side. 

"I'd be more pissed about having to re-cook tea," one person joked. 

"Is there no air vent hole in the lid? Apart from now, of course," wrote another. 

"Hope Kmart replaces your lamb shanks," another pointed out. 

"I'd be shattered," another joked. 

Kmart NZ has several slow cookers available on its website, but Britton's model appears to be this one, which retails for NZ$45. 

It has over 100 five star reviews in its listing on the Kmart website, none of which appear to refer to the glass lid shattering. 

However it's not the first case of a Kmart item cracking under pressure. In 2018 another Australian woman posted online that her $15 set of scales "exploded".