Pasta and cake are two of life's great joys, but combining them? That sounds like a recipe for disaster.
Thankfully that's not the case with this delicious recipe for a 'honeycomb' pasta cake from home cook and TikTokker Vaelantia Mussi, otherwise known as 'Sweet Portfolio'.
Mussi recently reposted the video of the epic carbohydrate delight she said is "her kind of cake".
Serve it up for your family as an easy, quick weeknight meal, or for guests at your next dinner party, with a side salad, and maybe some garlic bread if you're feeling particularly indulgent.
And don't worry, there isn't actually honeycomb isn't it - that's just a reference to the shape of the rigatoni pasta.
- 1 box uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 cups bolognese sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cook the rigatoni pasta until al dente and strain.
- Grease a 9-inch spring-loaded cake tin with butter and layer some bolognese sauce.
- Stand the rigatoni on end, one next to each other, until the pan is filled.
- Top with some shredded mozzarella and top each rigatoni pasta piece with a small piece of fresh mozzarella.
- Add the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top to fill holes and gaps in an even layer. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook another 10 minutes. Slice and serve!