Is there any ingredient that is quite as important as garlic?
It is not only nutritious, but adds a wonderful flavour to many recipes, especially steamed garlic prawns.
A must-try dish to make at home, the garlic's fragrance, prawn's unique sweetness and the mix of sauces gives this dish its pleasant savoury taste that will keep you wanting more!
Serves 10 people.
- 10 - 12 large prawns
- 4 tbsp chicken stock
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hua tiao wine
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 + 2 tbsp chopped spring onion
1) Make garlic sauce
- In a bowl, combine chicken stock, soy sauce, hua tiao wine, sesame oil, salt, ginger, garlic and 1 tbsp spring onion. Mix well and set aside.
2) Prepare the prawns
- Remove the legs of the prawns with scissors
- Using a sharp knife, make a slit in the back of the prawn, devein leaving the shells on
- Lay them out on a steaming tray, slit side up.
3) Steam the prawns
- Add garlic sauce to the prawns
- Steam prawns for 3 - 5 minutes (depending on size).
Garnish and Serve: Scatter chopped spring onion over the prawns before serving and serve while hot.
Asian Food Network