A group of kindergartners accidentally drank tequila after a classmate brought a bottle of ready-to-drink margaritas to school.
Several students from Grand River Academy in Livonia, Michigan drank it, Fox 2 Detroit reported. One kindergartner "felt woozy" and a "little dizzy" after drinking four or five sips from a paper cup, parent Dominique Zanders told the outlet.
The children were given what they thought was juice during snack time when in reality it was margarita mix.
"The girl poured it in [my daughter's] cup and she drank it and the girl ended up telling her what it is, and she went and told the teacher there is liquor in this cup, and the teacher gave her a funny face," Zanders said.
Another parent, Alexis Smith, also said the child who brought the bottle in knew it was alcoholic.
"I had a small conversation with my daughter - nothing big - and she told me the girl knew it was liquor," she said.
The school said it called poison control as soon as they found out the children were drinking margaritas.
"While we try to keep an eye on everything our students bring to school, that's simply not possible," the school said in a statement.
"It's unfortunate that these types of adult beverages can be easily mistaken for child-friendly drinks."
The school added that parents were notified immediately and told that their children were okay.
While the school said they would discipline the student if needed, parents said it's the kindergartner's parents who should be punished.
"If your child knows what it is, nothing wrong with it. But they should know not to touch it," Smith said. "That it's not for kids."