With pre-made pancakes and frozen sausage patties, re-create McDonald's hot-selling McGriddles, the breakfast pancake burger that's chewy, doughy, sweet and savoury.
It's incredibly easy: you'll keep one eye on a hot oiled pan for the patties, and the other on the microwave as it warms up the pancakes. Then, cook an egg and zigzag on some maple syrup for a true McDonald's experience.
If you're looking for a more local lick to this cult breakfast burger, try it with satay sauce.
- 2 pieces pre-made pancakes
- 1 piece frozen chicken sausage patty
- 1 egg
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp maple syrup.
1. Heat up pancakes, cook sausage patty and egg
- Pan-fry a frozen chicken sausage patty according to the directions on the packaging - or make your own.
- In a round cooking mould, cook one egg.
- Heat up the pancakes in the microwave.
2. Assemble burger
- Remove the pancakes and place one piece on a plate.
- Drizzle some maple syrup on the pancake.
- Add a slice of cheese and the chicken sausage patty.
- Top with the egg and drizzle over two tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Top off with the other slice of pancake.
3. Plate and serve
- Add the cheese only when you're ready to eat, or it will melt.
Asian Food Network