Looking for a staple meal for weekday dinners? Look no further - a prawn and vegetable stir fry is a quick and healthy dish that will satisfy little and big bellies alike.
The garlic and variety of vegetables give this dish its fragrance and the prawn its subtle sweetness. Serve with a bowl of rice for a complete meal.
- 650g prawns (shelled and deveined)
- 0.25 cup soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 0.5 cup carrots (shredded)
- 0.75 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 scallion (sliced for garnish)
- 2 tbsp oil.
1. Make sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, garlic, sugar and sesame oil.
2. Stir fry prawns
- Heat up a pan with oil over a medium-high heat.
- Add the prawns, peppers and carrots and stir fry for one minute.
- Pour the sauce on top and cook for about two to three minutes or until the prawns are pink.
3. Add in vegetables
- Whisk the chicken broth and cornstarch in a small bowl and add it to the pan with the broccoli and snap peas.
- Stir until incorporated and then cover and cook for three minutes or until the broccoli is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Turn off the heat.
4. Garnish and serve
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve with rice.
- Chop the broccoli small or steam it a little before frying so it will have the same crunch as the other vegetables.
Asian Food Network