Kimchi grilled cheese is an interesting twist on the much-loved sandwich: the spicy and sour kimchi makes a perfect complement to cheese. Easy enough to make for lunch or dinner, this sandwich brings a delightful adventure to your everyday dining experience.
- 80g kimchi
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- butter, to spread on bread
- 50g cheddar cheese
- 50g mozzarella cheese
- chives, for garnishing.
1. Fry the kimchi
- Cut the kimchi into small pieces.
- Add oil in a pan on medium heat. Fry the kimchi and add sugar to balance the sour taste.
- Mix well and set aside.
2. Toast the bread
- Spread butter on both sides of the bread and lightly toast each side on a heated pan and set aside.
- Place the bread on a plate and top with cheddar cheese, kimchi and mozzarella cheese.
- Lightly oil a pan on medium heat and place the assembled sandwich onto the pan.
- Press down on the sandwich to help the cheese fuse the ingredients together. Flip to toast evenly on both sides until you get a crunchy texture.
- Cut in half, place on a serving plate, garnish with some chopped chives on top and serve.
Asian Food Network