If you're anything like me and find ordering food more of a chore than actual cooking, takeaway night may have just become a whole lot easier, with DoorDash revealing a limited-edition 'secret menu' of exclusive meals and deals for the next week.
The food delivery platform has teamed up with popular restaurants and eateries in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch to develop a series of brand-new, exclusive menu items that will be available to order between September 11-24.
The first 1000 customers each day can access the bespoke items from $3, a spokesperson for DoorDash told Newshub: there are some T&Cs, of course, so make sure to read the fine print.
The limited-edition meals are only available from participating stores, which span the likes of Mr Zhou's Dumplings, Tiger Burger, and Kai Eatery in Auckland; Scopa Pizzeria, The Ramen Shop, and 1154 Pastaria in Wellington; and Burger Station, Madam Kwong, and Corianders in Christchurch.
If you're wanting a little taste of what's on offer, think burger-inspired dumplings from Hideout, a bacon-and-maple-syrup 'Canadian' pizza from Pizza Club, and uniquely flavoured dumplings (spicy chicken and cheese, anyone?) from Sumthin Dumplin.
"We've relished the opportunity to work closely with some of New Zealand's outstanding chefs to get creative and develop new exclusive menu items, which we know our customers are going to love," said Rebecca Burrows, DoorDash general manager of New Zealand, Australia and Canada.
"We have a delicious selection of new items inspired by cuisines from all over the world, so there is something to tempt every palette. I encourage foodies to get in quick to try all the incredible dishes as these menu items are only running for a limited time."
DoorDash entered the New Zealand market in May 2022, first launching in Wellington before expanding to Christchurch later that year. Aucklanders finally got access to the app in July 2023, spanning the North Shore, Central, West and East Auckland, and South to Drury.
It offers a similar online ordering service to competitors such as Uber Eats and Menulog, connecting merchants and restaurants with their customers via an easy-to-use marketplace app or website and facilitating food delivery. Like Uber Eats, customers can track the progress of their order and have the option to contact their delivery driver, also known as 'Dashers'.
DoorDash limited-edition secret menu
- Hideout: Burger Bite Dumpling
- Mama Brown: Dessert Waffles
- The Ramen Shop: Fresh Herb Oil Chicken Ramen
- Pizza Club: Canadian Classic Pizza
- Pizza Club Max: Canadian Max Pizza
- Chicking: Crispy Chicken Trio
- Sumthin Dumplin: Spicy Chicken & Cheese Dumpling
- Broadway Diner: Spicy Satay Paneer Burger
- Mr Zhous Dumplings (Great North Rd): Sweet & Sour Fish
- Beyond Poke: Combination Donburi
- Kitchen Spring: Korean Chicken Burger
- DumpleWing: Bangbang Chicken
- Sushi Spring: Sashimi Rice & Salad
- Uncle Man's: Nasi Tomato (Tomato Rice)
- Whale's Eatery: Sweet & Sour Pork Box (entrée), Pork Belly (main)
- Madam Kwong's restaurant: Chicken and Chinese Veg Wonton Soup, Curry Chicken and Potato on Rice, Chicken/Beef Satay Skewer with Satay Sauce
- Burger Station: Gourmet Butter Chicken Burger Combo
- Coriander's: Combo/Honey Chicken
- ReBurger: Holy Smoke Mega Feed
- Hutt Ribs: Rib & Chick Combo, Chick & Chick Combo
- Scopa: DoorDash Special Pizza
- 1154 Pastaria: Rigatoni Pasta
- Empire Chicken: Buffalo Chicken Burger
- Kai Eatery: Loaded Fries, Chicken Nibbles
- Sensational Chicken (Browns Bay store only): Butter Chicken Burger Combo
- Xi'an Food Bar (Albany store only): Fried Dumplings - Chicken and Corns 20pcs, Fried Dumplings - Pork and Chinese Cabbage 20pcs, Fried Dumplings - Pork and Chives 20pcs
- Little Manila (Willis St store only): Yum Yum Orange Chicken.