Eight people - including seven children - have been treated for smoke inhalation after an electric blanket fire in south Auckland.
Emergency services were called to the Manurewa property around 4am this morning.
The blaze was confined to one room.
"Our people were on the phone to them when they called to make sure they got out of the house safely, but eight people – seven of whom were children, I believe – were treated by ambulance for smoke inhalation," says Fire Service shift manager Scott Osmond.
Mr Osmond says it's unclear whether the home had smoke alarms.