Teen died of deadly alcohol mix

  • 07/09/2015
Teen died of deadly alcohol mix

A cocktail of vodka, tequila and Jagermeister proved fatal for an 18-year-old Timaru girl who died from alcohol poisoning last year.

Bayli Elliot had drunk the straight spirits at a friend's house in the town last October before falling asleep drunk on the floor.

She was found dead by the mother of her friend when she returned to the house later that night.

Attempts to revive her were not successful.

Coroner Peter Ryan said in his findings that Ms Elliot was probably unaware of the effect drinking straight spirits would have compared to pre-mixed drinks.