A Kiwi family says they are disgusted after finding what they say is a dead creature in their Watties baked beans.
In a video shared to Facebook, they describe how they made the find.
"As my husband was opening a can of watties baked beans for our child, he accidentally opened the can from the bottom and found some kind of rodent, bird, something with ribs and organs!! (sic)" says Korrin Laker.
"We wouldn't usually share something like this, but for health and safety reasons we wanted to let everyone know. We were going to serve this to our child! we were just lucky to have opened the can from the bottom as we would have given our child half the can! (sic)"
The "animal' in the can (Glenn Laker)
Watties is assuring the public they are taking immediate action.
"Occasionally cans can be damaged somewhere in the supply chain as appears to have happened here where you can see a tiny dent on the rim. When this happens, a small amount of air can enter allowing mould to grow," says Watties.
"This happens very occasionally out of the millions of cans of baked beans we produce each year. We are always unhappy if something like this occurs, as our dedicated consumers are our top priority. We have asked the consumer to contact us so that we can provide them with some delicious replacement products."
Ms Laker says regardless, she is disappointed by the find.
"I know our family won't be eating watties baked beans again sadly! such a discussing experience!! (sic)"