Losi Filipo's contract with Wellington Rugby has been terminated after an outcry over the lenient punishment handed to him for a vicious assault.
Newshub has spoken to the victims, who tell us it's not over yet. They're still pursuing justice through the courts, and are interested to see what the Solicitor-General decides about an appeal.
They say they still haven't had a personal apology from their attacker, or any support from the Rugby Union.
After 24 hours of mounting public pressure, Wellington Rugby finally responded.
"He's not lost to rugby - he's not lost to sport. The person has a chance to take this as a mistake he's made, which he's very remorseful for, learn from that mistake and move on," says Wellington Rugby CEO Steve Roger.
Meanwhile, Mr Filipo released a statement saying: "I would like to publicly apologise for my actions and the damage they caused... I made a huge mistake that my victims and myself will have to live with for the rest of our lives."
But those victims are unhappy that Wellington Rugby only acted after Newshub revealed details of Mr Filipo's case.
"It's good to see that he doesn't have a contract with Wellington Rugby anymore, but we've suffered in silence for a whole year, and he's suffered for one day," says Kelsey O'Dell.
Mr Filipo's girlfriend's father says he never thought Mr Filipo was capable of such things.
Mr Filipo attacked the two men and two women, while his brother Sam also attacked one of the men on Wakefield St in central Wellington on a Saturday night in October last year.
"I would say is violence is unacceptable anywhere, it doesn't matter what your profession is, and if you undertake violence you should be held to the same sort of rules as everyone else," says Prime Minister John Key.
"Now that assumedly is what the judge is thinking that he's been held to account as others would be but ultimately it's up to the judge to speak to his own judgement."
The judge discharged Mr Filipo without conviction because it could negatively affect his rugby career with the Wellington Lions.
But on Tuesday afternoon the Solicitor-General's office released a statement saying it would now look into the judge's decision to discharge without conviction, saying it was not aware of the case until details were aired on Monday night.
After his sentencing, Mr Filipo did do 150 hours of community work in an attempt to gain the life skills needed to make better decisions.
But the victims want a punishment they feel better suits the crime.