Knick-knack paddy-whack, give a dog a bone - we all know the song, and for generations, pet owners have been happily giving their dogs bones to chew on.
But animal welfare groups and vets are now warning owners not to give their dog a bone because they're considered too dangerous.
Kiwi vet Nick Cave says allowing dogs to eat bones can also cause a number of serious diseases -including a fracture in their teeth when they bite into it. He says pet owners need to know the risks.
Story went to meet a couple who almost lost their dog to a bone problem. They want everyone to learn the lesson they did and for someone to pay for what happened.
Watch the video for the full Story report.