New Zealand Breakers star player Corey Webster has appeared in court over assault charges relating to an alleged fight on Auckland's North Shore.
The assault is said to have taken place at a bar in the suburb of Takapuna, and Webster has appeared at North Shore District Court as a result of the charges.
The 28-year-old initially faced one charge of assault and now faces a second charge of assault and a third of assault with intent to injure.
He's been remanded on bail until February next year where pleas must be entered.
On Thursday morning, Breakers coach Paul Henare told media the club was "in a bit of a limbo" until court proceedings had played out fully.
He said they had been surprised by the additional charges given Webster had always said he was not guilty of the crimes he is charged with.
"Nothing changes from our point of view in terms of what Corey has told us, and right from the start he's come in and said he's innocent," Henare said.