Police investigate series of indecent exposures in Wellington park

(Getty)
(Getty)

Police are investigating four incidents of indecent exposure in Prince Of Wales park in Wellington, and believe it was the same man each time.

Each time, a man has approached a woman on the walking track in Mount Cook, and has performed an indecent act on himself.

The first of the four reported incidents took place on November 15 last year, and the most recent was on April 18.

All four took place between the hours of 1pm and 7pm and police believe it is most likely the same man each time.

"This sort of behaviour is unacceptable and we want to identify this man as soon as possible," says Detective Sergeant Haley Ryan.

He is described as between 40-50 years of age, with a shaved or balding head.

He was wearing prescription sunglasses and was possibly of Maori or Asian descent.

Police believe the man lives locally and that someone from the area will know who he is.

"We believe the public can help us find out who he is, so we are asking for people to come forward if they have information or may have experienced a similar incident," says Det. Sgt Ryan.

"Police reminds users of the track to be aware of their surroundings and to call Police immediately if they see anything suspicious."

Anyone with information can contact Detective Sergeant Haley Ryan on 04 381 2000, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Newshub. 

Contact Newshub with your story tips:
news@newshub.co.nz