The families of those who died in the 2011 CTV building collapse are seeking legal advice after police decided not to lay charges.
- Police won't prosecute over CTV building collapse
- Angry families of CTV victims appalled at no prosecution
Professor Maan Alkaisi, speaking on behalf of the victims' families in a press conference on Wednesday, said they have been seeking legal advice since last Thursday's announcement by Police.
Last week police decided not to charge any of the CTV building's engineers for the deaths of 115 people in the February 2011 earthquake in Christchurch.
"We believe the police's decision not to prosecute anyone was wrong, and that the CTV collapse should have gone to trial," said Professor Alkaisi.
He said the preliminary advice the families have received is that the decision by police was open to judicial review in the High Court, and that the court could instruct police to review their decision.
They are asking to meet with Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, and would like a meeting to happen before Christmas.
A peaceful protest will be held to seek "justice and accountability" on Sunday in Latimer Square, near the CTV site.