Family poisoned by eating wild boar will be covered by ACC

ACC will cover the medical costs of the family left comatosed for several weeks, after eating wild boar. 

Shibu Kochummen, wife Subi Babu and mother Alekytty Daniel all had to learn to walk again, after eating the meat last November. 

ACC has accepted their claim, even though health officials were unable to identify the mystery poison and ruled out botulism.

The Waikato family are now recovering in India, as they are too unwell to return to their jobs in New Zealand, until early March.

Lawyer Sue Grey told Newshub the couple were delighted with ACC's decision, as they were worried about how they'd pay the $65,000 hospital bill for their visiting mother.



Contact Newshub with your story tips: