Crew poisoned on ship at Napier Port

Several people were hospitalised with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Several people were hospitalised with carbon monoxide poisoning. Photo credit: File

A number of crew members onboard a ship at Napier Port have been taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Fire and Emergency were called to the scene around 8pm on Monday night, after trouble with a motor was reported.

A spokesperson says those affected by the fumes were taken to hospital for treatment.

Newshub.