It's hoped Wellington's problematic bus changes will be discussed at an upcoming major Australasian transport conference, being held in Cairns.
The three-day event starting Sunday will look at the future of public transport.
Bus and Coach Association chief executive Barry Kidd says there are a number of issues with Wellington's service, which won't be news to public transport users in the capital.
"I think there's been some significant issues with one of the operators providing the capacity of vehicles that had been contracted, which has led to people not being able to get onto services they want."
Mr Kidd says there has been an unwillingness to embrace the changes, and that Auckland had the same level of change but overcame the hurdles.
- 'Get used to walking': Unions threaten to block Wellington buses
- Aucklanders use public transport in record numbers
"Bus stops are shifted and new operators take over services, but nothing to the degree that we've seen in Wellington. In Auckland, they've settled down."
- Earlier this year Mr Kidd said the problems may have been the result of the previous Government's Public Transport Operating Model (PTOM).
Cabinet approved the PTOM framework in 2011, and it was established by the Ministry for Transport in 2013. The model allowed local councils to award public bus contracts to private operators offering the lowest fee.
Several new companies have since entered the industry, picking up Wellington and Auckland contracts during tendering last year.