Donations are flooding in for the family of a Northland volunteer firefighter whose uninsured home went up in flames.
Kawakawa Bay couple Tony Keals and Lorraine Blackwell "lost everything" in the fire on Tuesday, according to a Givealittle page set up on their behalf.
Fortunately, neither the couple nor their three children were inside when the fire started, the page says, but the couple had to watch as the home they built was engulfed.
- Double fatality avoided in Takanini house fire
- Fire crews battle major house fire in Lyall Bay
- Guy Fawkes chaos: 26 fireworks-related fires in 24 hours
The Givealittle page was created on Wednesday and has since gathered over $12,000 in donations from 73 donors, and no goal has been set.
According to the page, the family home and contents were not insured and the couple are now "relying on the kindness of family and friends to help them through these difficult times".
Mr Keals spent more than 30 years as a volunteer for the Kawakawa Bay Volunteer Fire Brigade, the page says, "making himself available 24/7 to help others in need".
Ms Blackwell is a teacher at equestrian facility Arobridge Equine First, and "also volunteers at numerous community events whenever she is needed".
The Givealittle link was posted to the Clevedon Pony Club Facebook page and already someone has offered to donate used horse riding gear to the children who have "lost all their horse gear".
Newshub has contacted Ms Blackwell for comment.