A victim advocate has called on Roast Buster victims to come forward to bring its ringleader to justice.
Ruth Money, who was last year nominated for a Women of Influence award, says she's appalled that Roast Buster ringleader Joseph Parker has re-emerged to apologise and share his side of the story.
"We need to shut him down. He should have just stayed under his rock," Ms Money told The AM Show on Wednesday.
- Roast Buster victims slam ringleader Joseph Parker over song
- Roast Busters' ringleader Joseph Parker breaks five-year silence
- Roast Busters' victims speak out on ringleader's new song referencing their experiences
Parker was involved in a high-profile underage sex scandal in 2013. His west Auckland group, the Roast Busters, was known for recruiting often underage girls and engaging in drinking and sex, and then shaming them online.
The California-based 23-year-old, son of Hollywood actor Anthony Ray Parker, broke his silence on Monday night, apologising to the victims of his group in an interview with Newshub's Karen Rutherford.
"By doing this interview, I understand some of the people who I've hurt will be exposed to the past again... but I hope they can see there is a change in my heart and they can see I am trying to make amends and make it better."
But the sincerity of his apology has been questioned, over accusations he's trying to gain publicity for his music career. He launched a crowdfunding campaign to promote his work, including a song referencing the 2013 sex scandal.
One victim told Rutherford: "He's been in the [United States] doing God knows what, but we're back here dealing with his. It still affects me every day."
Ms Money, who gives up to 60 hours of her own time every week to assist victims of crime, told The AM Show her door is open to other Roast Buster victims who want to come forward and press charges against Parker.
"On average it takes 10 to 12 years to disclose sexual violence and to go through that process. As a society we're getting better, and accepting, and putting the same where it should be, which is the offender," she said.
"[The victims] may never want to face this again, and that's okay," she added, "but only one complaint [is needed] to form a court case."
There were over 100 young women identified as complainants.
"He said, arrogantly in [the Newshub] interview, that the police didn't lay charges. It was found in an IPCA investigation that the investigation by police was not robust and it was not thorough," Ms Money said.
The Independent Police Conduct Authority (IPCA) reported in March 2015 that the initial 2011 police investigation into Parker and his two associates, including a police officer's son, Beraiah Hales, was inadequate.
But a more thorough police investigation was launched in 2013, led by Detective Inspector Karyn Malthus, and due to lack of evidence, no charges were laid.
"I want to see justice for something that is a really dark mark on New Zealand's sexual violence, criminal justice history," Ms Money said.
"There are a number of other survivors out there that were unable, for their personal reasons, to go through the disclosure process with the police."