The final day of the Polyfest event in Auckland has been cancelled.
The event celebrating a number of Pasifika cultures has been running since Thursday at Auckland's Manukau Sports Bowl.
ASB Polyfest Trust chair Gregory Pierce and event director Seiuli Terri Leo Mauu said the horrific attacks in Christchurch on Friday "unsettled some of our performers, Polyfest staff, schools and our sponsors".
"To respect their well-being we have decided to cancel the final day of the festival," they said in a statement.
"If the event had gone ahead there would have been a significant presence of heavily armed police at the festival which would not have been appropriate for Saturday's family day focus at the ASB Polyfest."
Groups from 66 schools entered the competition, with thousands taking to the stage.
Wellington's Out in the Park event has also been called off after police asked them not to go ahead.
"Our thoughts and love are with all of our Muslim whānau, their whānau, communities and the people of Christchurch," organisers said in a statement.
The Tauranga Multi-Cultural Festival will also not go ahead.
Forty-nine so far have been confirmed killed in the attacks, with another two in a critical condition on Saturday morning - including a four-year-old.
If you would like to donate to the official Victim Support fund, go here. Victim Support's number is 0800 842846.