A second night of boy racer antics in Christchurch has ended with multiple arrests and dozens of cars ordered off the road.
Police were out in force during the third Aves Invasion, which caused chaos on the city's streets last year.
In 2018, drivers threw bottles, made hoax police calls and clogged the streets with cars, leading to 177 tickets and one arrest.
- Boy racers show respect to Christchurch victims
- Christchurch police prepare for third boy racer event to kick off Good Friday
This year officers have been on high alert, with the event taking place just over a month after New Zealand's worst-ever mass shooting.
Arrests have spiked to 10, with a range of charges handed down for alleged speed, car and drinking offences. Video taken by Newshub shows multiple road checks with police forcing people to tip their alcohol out.
"Ten people were arrested for various offences, three people were found to have excess breath alcohol, around 30 cars were taken off the road due to being defective/unsafe," a police spokesperson told Newshub.
"A number of speed camera tickets and infringement notices were issued."
Police worked with the organisers to stop racers driving down Deans Avenue, past the Al Noor mosque, where 42 of the 50 victims lost their lives, and say there have been no problems there.
"Hopefully that means the people involved continued to show the respect they showed on Friday night," a police spokesperson told Newshub.
"We would ask that this respect continues as the weekend progresses."