A Turkish man who was critically injured in the Christchurch terror attack has died.
The country's Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu confirmed the news on Twitter.
- Christchurch still in a state of high security, one month after attacks
- Auckland Council cuts 84 Anzac services down to 26 over terror fears
- Christchurch terror attack: Police release official timeline
Çavuşoğlu said he passed on his condolences to the family, who are reported to be in New Zealand.
It brings the death toll to 51.
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern expressed her condolences to the man's family.
"This sad news will be felt across Turkey, as well as New Zealand," she said in a statement.
"We have all been hoping for the best however he has now succumbed to the injuries sustained in the shooting at the Al Noor Mosque."
Newshub reporter Annabelle Tukia told The AM Show the man had been fighting to survive ever since the attack took place.
"We understand that he has been in intensive care since March 15 with very life-threatening injuries and suffered complications as a result.
"His family had flown out from Turkey and had been at his bedside since the early days, so just the most tragic of outcomes."
She said the man's family was devastated at the loss.
"He obviously was a heck of a fighter and to have this outcome seven weeks on it will be devastating for his family."
Police said in a statement on Friday the man's family requested his name not be released to media.
A gunman opened fire inside the Linwood Ave and Deans Ave mosques in Christchurch on Friday, March 15.
An Australian man Brenton Tarrant is currently facing 50 charges of murder and 39 charges of attempted murder for the attack.
Newshub asked police how a new death will affect the charges, but it said in a statement no further comment will be provided.