Two critical in south Auckland after inhaling smoke from brazier

Two people are critical after inhaling smoke from a charcoal brazier in south Auckland.

Fire and Emergency were called to a property on Avis Avenue in Papatoetoe just after 11am on Monday.

A son of the victims told Newshub his parents were using a charcoal brazier inside to heat oils for a baby massage. Unfortunately, the room wasn't ventilated properly.

They went to sleep and were found unconscious by their other son this morning with vomit through the bed.

St John says two people are critical and have been taken to Middlemore Hospital. Fire and Emergency says they are to be treated for smoke inhalation.