Oranga Tamariki's CEO says "a number of people" responsible for the controversial attempted uplift of a Hastings newborn have been held accountable.
"There were a number of people who made the call but all of them were very close to the situation," Grainne Moss told The AM Show on Friday.
The attempted uplift was the subject of an investigative documentary by Newsroom earlier this year. It ended with Oranga Tamariki staff isolating a young mother from her family, cornering her in her hospital bed and attempting to take her baby.
An internal investigation into the incident revealed a slew of mistakes in the process, for which Oranga Tamariki has admitted it is entirely at fault.
As a result of the inquiry Moss says the organisation has undergone "significant changes".
- 'I am truly sorry': Oranga Tamariki apologises for trauma caused after uplift of Hastings baby boy
- Controversial attempted Oranga Tamariki uplift highlights 'deeper structural issues' - Children's Commissioner
"People have been moved from certain jobs."
When pressed by host Duncan Garner, Moss admitted to "employment issues" within Oranga Tamariki.
"There have been significant consequences - I think the public understands what that means, there are employment issues, there are processes happening, I don't think that's modern day code," she told him.
Unimpressed with the vague nature of Moss' statement, Garner quizzed her on specifics.
"What is wrong with modern society that the leader of an organisation can't say three people have lost their jobs, two have been moved to another agency and one is pending a review?" he asked.
"A number of those things are actually quite close to the truth," Moss replied.
"But there are human beings at play here, they have families. We've given a full apology, admitted we got it wrong and we've made immediate changes."
Moss says those responsible for the attempted uplift have been made accountable for their actions.