An Australian man is reportedly claiming to be the seventh person diagnosed with COVID-19 in New Zealand, but health officials are yet to confirm the case.
Andrew Reynaud, from Townsville, told NZME he's tested positive and is self-isolating in a Wellington hotel room.
The Ministry of Health declined to comment, but is expected to give the latest update on New Zealand's response to the pandemic at 2:30pm.
Reynaud was in France earlier this month, he said, and got a test done when he arrived in Townsville on March 10. On Wednesday night he left for Wellington, via Brisbane, before finding out the result on Saturday morning.
"I went to meet my son for breakfast at a nearby cafe when I got a call from my doctor confirming I tested positive," he told NZME.
"From there I went straight back to my hotel room and got in contact with health authorities. I wouldn't have come... if I knew I was positive."
The 56-year-old says he is feeling "well".
Newshub has contacted Reynaud and the Ministry of Health for comment.
If confirmed, it would bring New Zealand's total number of cases to seven - all from overseas, with no reported community transmission yet.
From midnight Sunday, all people (with a few exceptions) entering the country will be required to go into self-isolation, whether they are showing symptoms or not.