Coronavirus: No new cases of COVID-19 reported in NZ

nz flag
No more cases today. Photo credit: Getty

The Ministry of Health said on Saturday there were no more cases of COVID-19 to report.

Nor are there are new recovered cases or deaths.

The total number of confirmed cases is 1154, and total number of confirmed and probable remains 1504.

So far 97 percent of all known patients have recovered from the deadly disease, which has killed 340,000 people worldwide. New Zealand's death toll is 21.

"There remains one person receiving hospital-level care for COVID-19 - they are in Middlemore and are not in ICU," the Ministry of Health said in a statement.

"Yesterday our laboratories completed 5604 tests, bringing the total number of tests completed to date to 255,850."

The COVID tracer app has had 324,000 registrations, adding another 31,000 since Friday. 

"We continue to encourage as many people as possible to download the app - it will help us identify, trace, test and isolate any cases of COVID-19. The faster we can do these steps the less likely it is the virus can spread in our communities."

Director-General of Health Ashley Bloomfield said New Zealanders have shown patience over the last two months.

"It remains important to minimise the mixing and mingling involved in larger groups. I know many people, including those of faith, want to move as quickly as possible to increase the size of their gatherings. I know how important it is for people to be able to practise their faith together.

"The number of people at gatherings will be one of the specific issues being reconsidered by Cabinet on Monday - until then it remains at 10." 

Contact Newshub with your story tips:
news@newshub.co.nz