There are two new cases and one new death from coronavirus in New Zealand, the Director-General of Health has announced.
Dr Ashley Bloomfield revealed the news in his daily press conference from Parliament on Wednesday, confirming an end to a run of two days with no new cases or deaths.
It brings New Zealand's total number of COVID-19 cases to 1488, while the number of people to have died from the disease here now stands at 21.
The death is of a woman in her 60s from Rosewood Rest Home who had underlying health conditions. She was considered a probable case.
She was not transferred to Burwood Hospital, and passed away at a rest home in comfort with a staff member, Dr Bloomfield said.
Of the two new cases, one is confirmed and the other probable.
The confirmed case is a student linked to the Marist College cluster. The person has been in lockdown since March 20. The case was discovered as part of broader testing at Marist College that has seen 250 people tested so far.
The student, who delivered a 'weak positive' test, was the only positive result, Dr Bloomfield said.
She is late in the course of infection, and unikely to be infectious at this stage, but will remain in self-isolation and will be tested again in a week.
The probable case is linked to the St Margaret's Hospital and Rest Home cluster, who is symptomatic but has been tested as negative.
Two people are in hospital - one at Middlemore Hospital and the other at Auckland Hospital - though neither are in intensive care.
Three clusters have now been closed and 88 percent of all people who have had coronavirus in New Zealand have now recovered.
Sixteen clusters are still active.