New Zealand has two new cases of coronavirus, the Director-General of Health has announced - both of which are people staying at managed isolation facilities in Auckland.
Dr Ashley Bloomfield revealed the latest COVID-19 figures at a press conference from Ministry of Health headquarters in Wellington on Monday afternoon.
The first is a female teenager who arrived in New Zealand from Pakistan on June 13. She has been staying at Novotel Auckland Airport with her siblings and her mother, who have all tested negative at this stage.
Her only symptom was a runny nose, Dr Bloomfield says.
She flew from Islamabad to Doha to Melbourne and then onto Auckland. The Doha and Melbourne legs of that journey were shared by one of the new cases reported last week were also on.
Dr Bloomfield says she has now been extensively interviewed to determine who else may have come into close contact with her.
The other new case is a man in his 30s who arrived in the country from India on June 15. He has been staying at the Grand Millenium with his wife, who has not tested positive for COVID-19, and neither of them have reported any symptoms.
The flight they were on was Air India flight 1316 - the same flight from Delhi that one of two new cases reported on Sunday was on, Dr Bloomfield says.
As with any COVID-19 carriers, both of Monday's new cases have been transported alongside their close contacts to the Jet Park Hotel quarantine facility.
The latest update also brings the combined number of confirmed and probable cases recorded across the country to 1513.
The Government has come under fire in recent times for its management of quarantine and managed isolation facilities, starting last week when two coronavirus-positive sisters were allowed to leave an Auckland hotel without being tested.
Since then, it's been revealed 2400 people were released from managed isolation or quarantine facilities without a single COVID-19 test.