A Givealittle page has been set up to help a Dunedin family after a devastating fire destroyed their rental home.
The house on Beaconsfield Rd, Portobello was left significantly damaged by the blaze, which forced the evacuation of neighbouring homes.
"At 4:30pm on Saturday the 21st of November 2020 an unexpected fire totally destroyed Alice and Josh's rental property," the Givealittle page reads.
"They lost everything and also as a result the car blew up. Alice fled the house with the children, she did not even have shoes on.
"All are safe, just devastated and in a state of shock."
So far over $5500 has been raised to help Alice and Josh rebuild their lives.
The money will be used to buy clothes, shoes, and other household needs for them and their children.
You can donate to the page here.