The Ministry of Health has released a list of locations visited by the two new community COVID-19 cases.
The two people completed their managed isolation in the same facility and at the same time as the Northland case.
On Wednesday night Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield said it is likely they contracted the virus towards the end of their stay.
"While we still can't categorically rule these out as historical infections, test results so far indicate the two people may have contracted COVID-19 towards the end of their stay in managed isolation, after returning two negative tests each during their stay," Dr Bloomfield said.
"It's too early to make a firm conclusion. Genome sequencing results, which are expected tomorrow, and serology results expected the following day, will help develop the picture further."
The Ministry of Health also released the list of locations visited by the pair and is urging anyone who visited the locations during the time period, or anyone in Auckland with symptoms, to call Healthline, self isolate and get tested.
"It's important the right people isolate and get tested, so we don't overwhelm testing centres," Dr Bloomfield said.
"We understand that many will be anxious, but it's important to remember we are carrying out these measures as a precaution. There is no evidence so far that suggests community transmission - but we need the right people to isolate and get tested."
List of locations:
- BBQ King Albany - January 17 - 11am to 2pm
- PaknSave Silverdale - January 17 - 2pm to 2:30pm
- BBQ King Albany - January 17 - 5pm to 9pm
- PaknSave Silverdale - January 18 - 12 noon to 12:30pm
- BBQ King Albany - January 18 - 12:30pm to 3pm
- Caltex Orewa - January 18 - 1pm to 1:30pm
- BBQ King Albany - January 18 - 5pm to 9pm
- Hickeys Pharmacy - January 23 - 12:30pm to 1:30 pm
- Farmers Albany Albany - January 24 - 12 noon to 1pm
- Tai Ping Supermarket Albany - January 24 - 12 noon to 1pm
- New World Orewa - January 25 - 1pm to 2pm
- Tai Ping Supermarket Northcote - January 26 - 12:30pm to 1pm