The Ministry of Health is investigating two possible COVID-19 cases in Auckland after they returned weak positive results.
The pair were staying at the Pullman Hotel in the CBD - the same managed isolation and quarantine (MIQ) facility New Zealand's most recent community case stayed in.
After this case was identified, all 353 guests who stayed at the Pullman Hotel at the same time as her were ordered to stay home, isolate and get a test.
On Tuesday, two people who had returned weak positive results were retested, but there was no cause for alarm - one was historic and the other was confirmed negative.
However Newshub has since learned there are another two people in Auckland who returned weak positive tests.
The pair are asymptomatic and have already completed their mandatory 14-day stay in MIQ, the Ministry of Health revealed in a statement on Wednesday night. They had previously returned two negative tests.
Follow-up tests have been ordered, and the COVID-19 Response Minister Chris Hipkins' office told Newshub the pair are at home isolating.
The Ministry of Health says urgent testing is being carried out later on Wednesday evening.
Health workers are now checking details with them about their movements since they left MIQ to identify close and casual contacts, and establish whether contact tracing is required.