Two men investigated as part of the Roast Busters, an alleged underage group sex ring in West Auckland, get to keep their names secret, for now.
Seven years after allegations against the wider Roast Busters group surfaced, Judge Josephine Bouchier has granted a continuation of name suppression for the pair.
They were charged in December last year, along with another man who now resides in Los Angeles.
The trio is charged with unlawful connection with a young person aged 12-16.
The two men pleaded not guilty in the Waitakere District Court and opted for a jury trial.
Judge Bouchier told the court she had "concerns about fair trial rights" and at this stage interim name suppression stands.
The wider Roast Busters group sparked nationwide marches against rape culture and prompted calls for better education in schools about consent.
Police have previously said of the overseas defendant that they "are yet to make any final decisions on whether an extradition request will be made".
The pair who appeared in court Thursday have been remanded on bail to reappear in court on March 31.