The Ministry of Health has updated its list of locations visited by three new cases of COVID-19 in south Auckland.
Three new locations have been added: BP Papakura, GAS Piopio and BP Breakwater Road in New Plymouth.
Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield and Health Minister Chris Hipkins confirmed the three new cases, all from the same family, on Sunday. It's understood a fourth household contact has tested negative.
The source of the cases remain under investigation but it's been confirmed they are the more transmissible UK variant.
The mother of the family works at LSG Skychefs, an airport food and laundry service, and is tested for COVID-19 every two weeks. She returned a positive result after being tested when her and her daughter felt symptomatic.
The daughter goes to Papatoetoe High School, which will be closed on Monday and Tuesday as a result.
Two of the cases traveled to New Plymouth last weekend, potentially around the time of becoming symptomatic, visiting a variety of tourist attractions.
Dr Bloomfield said people at the following locations should "stay home and isolate, be alert to any COVID-19 symptoms and call Healthline to arrange a test".
List of locations:
If you were at a location categorised as 'Casual Contact' during the relevant timeframe, please take the following steps:
- Monitor your health for the next 14 days
- If you begin to feel unwell or develop any COVID-19 symptoms, contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453 to understand if and when you need to get tested
- Practice good hygiene and use the NZ COVID Tracer App
Casual Plus Contacts
If you were at a location categorised as 'Casual Plus Contact' during the relevant timeframe, please take the following steps:
- Stay at home
- Contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453 to understand when you need to get tested
- You will need to continue to stay at home until you receive a negative test result back
- If you begin to feel unwell or start to develop COVID-19 symptoms get a test immediately
- If you receive a negative test, you need to continue monitoring your symptoms for the next 14 days. If you develop any COVID-19 symptoms you will need to organise another test
- Ensure you wash your hands regularly with soap and water, or with hand sanitiser
- Practice good hygiene and use the NZ COVID Tracer app