Another person who quarantined at the Pullman Hotel in Auckland has tested positive for COVID-19 after leaving the hotel.
The Ministry of Health confirmed on Saturday the individual had been isolating at home in Hamilton since leaving MIQ on January 30.
"All recent Pullman managed isolation guests have been required to self-isolate for 5 days following completion of their 14 days in managed isolation," a MoH spokesperson said.
The individual had returned 3 negative tests prior to testing positive.
"The case reinforces the importance of the self-isolation and repeat testing strategy we have adopted around people leaving managed isolation at the Pullman."
"Based on our current assessment of the circumstances around this case, we consider the public health risk to be low and people in and around Hamilton should not be alarmed."
The Ministry of Health will be holding a press conference at 1pm on Saturday, which Newshub will livestream.
The Mayor of Hamilton told Newshub health authorities are investigating the low-risk case.
"All I know is that they are investigating a potential case which is considered low-risk," Paula Southgate said.
"They have been isolating at home since quarantine."
The news follows a local community centre cancelling their Waitangi Day commemoration due to a possible COVID-19 case in the community.
The Western Community Centre said they had been advised by a "credible health source" to cancel their event on Saturday.
"We have been advised by a credible health source," they wrote on Facebook.
"We understand there is a positive COVID case in Hamilton city, with two close contacts. We have made the very difficult decision to cancel the event today."
"We apologise to those that have travelled to attend this event, however the health & wellbeing of the community is paramount."