Three new imported cases of COVID-19 have been detected in managed isolation facilities, the Ministry of Health announced on Wednesday.
There are no new cases in the community.
Two cases recorded on Tuesday, February 2 have been reclassified as 'under investigation', as they are likely to be historical cases which may have previously been reported overseas, the ministry said.
The first case arrived in New Zealand from Indonesia on January 24 and tested positive on a ship. The case has been classified as a historical infection. The person did not leave the ship prior to being tested, the ministry confirmed, and were swabbed as they hoped to depart the ship for shore leave. They are quarantining on-board.
The second case arrived on January 29. Their country of origin is yet to be confirmed, however they travelled via Singapore. They returned a positive result due to routine testing at around day three of their mandatory stay in managed isolation. They are quarantining in Auckland.
The third and last case arrived on February 1 from the United States and tested positive on arrival. They are quarantining in Christchurch.
Twelve previously reported cases have now recovered, bringing the total number of active infections in New Zealand to 61. Our total number of confirmed cases to date is 1,952.
To date, laboratories have processed 1,541,701 tests, with 4,106 tests completed on Tuesday. The seven-day rolling average up to yesterday is 5,342.
NZ COVID Tracer
NZ COVID Tracer now has 2,549,183 registered users. There have been 168,916,758 scans of QR code posters, and users have created 6,933,029 manual diary entries.
Since midday on Tuesday, New Zealanders have used the app to scan their location more than 692,000 times. The seven-day rolling average for the number of scans is 1,052,430.
"We thank all New Zealanders for their efforts to scan, scan, scan," said the statement.
The ministry's next case update is scheduled for 1pm on Thursday, February 4.