Auckland is set to move to alert level 2 on Sunday, with no new cases of COVID-19 picked up in the community overnight.
The good news was confirmed by the Ministry of Health on Saturday afternoon, a few hours after Associate Minister of Health Peeni Henare told Newshub Nation said none had been picked up as of that morning.
"There are no new community cases to be reported at this point in time, so the status quo stands from the announement that was made on Friday afternoon," he told host Simon Shephard. "All good news."
Nine were found in managed isolation. Eight came from India via the UAE, and the ninth from the US via Qatar.
"Today’s managed isolation case numbers underscore the value of having the day 0/1 testing in place," the ministry said. "All people arriving into New Zealand must remain in their rooms until those day 0/1 tests results come back, and in these cases, all nine people are transferred to a quarantine facility following those positive results."
Six previously reported cases have now recovered, leaving New Zealand with 71 active cases and a total of 2042.
The rest of the country is set to move to alert level 1. No new community cases have been found since last weekend.
"There are seven community testing centres open in Auckland today," the ministry said. "The centres are in Northcote, Balmoral, Henderson, Lloyd Elsmore Park in Botany, Wiri, Otara and Takanini."