The Ministry of Health on Saturday reported one new case of COVID-19 in managed isolation and quarantine facilities (MIQ).
They returned to New Zealand from India on March 23 via the United Arab of Emirates and tested positive on day 3 of their stay.
There is also one historical case, who has recovered.
"[The] historical case arrived in the country from India on February 28 and had been previously reported as 'under investigation'. This person returned negative test results while in managed isolation, before returning a positive test result with a high Ct value as part of a requirement for employment," the ministry said.
"Subsequent investigation, including serology testing has determined this to be a historical case. It's important to reiterate that historical cases are not considered to be infectious."
With two cases having recovered, New Zealand now has 74 active cases of COVID-19. Our confirmed case count sits at 2125. Since January 1, there have been 42 historical cases out of a total of 313 cases.
The ministry is continuing to investigate a recent 'day 12' case of COVID-19 found in the Grand Mecure managed isolation facility and the potential for transmission within the hotel.
As part of this, officials are contacting the 258 returnees who have left the facility between March 10 and 25, and asking them to get tested and remain at home until a negative test result has been returned.
"As at 9am this morning, 233 of those 258 people have been contacted and the remaining people are being followed up," the ministry said. "If you are one of these people, please get in touch with Healthline. So far 95 have returned negative test results and we will continue to report test results when they're available."
On Friday, 4846 tests were processed. With 34,303 tests having been processed in the last week, our seven-day rolling average up to Friday was 4900. The total number of tests taken in New Zealand is 1,880,007.