No new cases of COVID-19 have been detected in the community in the past 24 hours, the Ministry of Health said on Sunday.
One imported case has been picked up at the border.
The person arrived in New Zealand on March 18 from Ireland via Qatar. They are a contact of a confirmed case and tested positive eight days into their stay in managed isolation. They are quarantining in Auckland.
The ministry has also provided an update on the coding error that potentially exposed the personal details of hundreds of patients booking appointments to receive the COVID-19 vaccine in Canterbury.
The ministry said Canterbury DHB is contacting affected individuals and some are "understandably upset" by the privacy breach.
As of Sunday, New Zealand has recorded 2126 cases of the virus to date. There are currently 75 active infections in the country.
Since January 1, 2021, 314 cases have been detected in New Zealand, 42 of which have been classified as historical infections.
On Saturday, 4265 tests were processed, with 34,459 tests processed in the last week. To date, 1,884,329 tests have been completed by laboratories.
Up-to-date information on testing locations nationwide is available on Healthpoint.
Canterbury DHB software coding error
On Saturday, it was revealed that software used to operate an appointment booking system in Canterbury had experienced a coding malfunction, potentially exposing the personal details of hundreds of patients scheduling appointments to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
It's possible the malfunction allowed people booking appointments online to view the personal details of other individuals also scheduling their slots.
In an update on Sunday, the Ministry of Health said Canterbury DHB is contacting individuals affected by the coding error.
A spokesperson for the ministry confirmed the vaccinations will go ahead as planned.
"The DHB rang 50 people last night, apologised and informed them of the actions now being taken. The key concern of many of those contacted was that their booked vaccinations would go ahead as planned - which they will," they said.
"This process of contacting individuals continues today."
The ministry noted a small number of affected people were "understandably upset" by the potential privacy invasion.
The DHB apologised for the error on Saturday and the appointment system will remain offline until the issue is rectified and thorough tests have been completed.
At this stage, the booking issue is limited to Canterbury DHB, and to household members of frontline border workers at that DHB who had been invited to make appointments to be vaccinated, the ministry said.
A handful of other DHBs considering a similar interim public booking system will wait for the issues to be rectified before proceeding.
Hutt Valley and Capital & Coast DHBs are using a different version of the Canterbury booking system, but access is password-protected and only available to DHB staff on their internal network.
"These two DHBs are reviewing the security of their internal system in light of the issues identified at Canterbury. The DHBs were not planning to use the public-facing website that has caused the issue in Canterbury. No other DHBs are using the system for making COVID-19 vaccination appointments," the spokesperson said.
At this stage, there is no evidence of any malicious breach, access to the personal details, or sharing of the information.
Canterbury DHB confirmed the details of 714 registered individuals (two fewer than initially reported on Saturday) were potentially able to be viewed due to the coding error.
The details included name, gender, age, phone number and NHI number, but no personal health information.
Individuals with questions or concerns about the booking system coding error should in the first instance ring Healthline on 0800 358 5453.
As at 11am, Healthline has not received any calls from those affected by the malfunction.
A national booking system using different software to Canterbury's interim booking system - and using a different IT approach - is currently being developed by the Ministry of Health to support scaling of the vaccine programme.
Grand Mercure investigation ongoing
Inquiries into the day 12 case at Auckland's Grand Mercure facility are ongoing, the ministry said.
On Thursday, it was revealed that 258 returnees - who had recently been released from the Grand Mercure - were asked to get tested after health officials suspected transmission had taken place within the facility.
As of 9am on Sunday, 235 of the 258 returnees have now been contacted. Of those, 167 have returned negative test results so far.