The news of a COVID-19 case in the community has Aucklanders on edge, with health professionals urging anyone with symptoms to seek a test.
On Tuesday afternoon the Ministry of Health revealed a case was found in Auckland with no known link to the border or managed isolation facilities. In the wake of the announcement the Ministry urged New Zealanders to wear their masks, and if they have any symptoms - seek a test.
Community testing locations can be found all across the country, and people do not have to book to get tested.
It's crucial to wear a mask if you are seeking a test. Most centres are open from 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday, and weekends 8.30am to 2.30pm, and tests are all free.
There are six community testing centres across Auckland.
- North - 16/18 College Rd Northcote on the corner of College Rd and Kilham Ave.
- Central - 182 Balmoral Rd, Mt Eden
- West - Whanau House, corner of Edsel St and Catherine St, Henderson
- West - Health New Lynn, Level 1 carpark Totara Health Services, McCrae Way, New Lynn - closed weekends
- South - Whanau Ora Community Clinic, 25 Druces Rd, Wiri - closed on Sunday.
- South - Otara Town Centre, 14 Fair Mall - closed on Saturday.
People can also get COVID-19 tests from their local GPs.