Three people have been charged with physical and sexual abuse of young boys in care over seven years.
It follows a year-long police investigation into the allegations of physical and sexual abuse at a contracted care provider, which has not been named, in East Tāmaki, Auckland.
Two men, aged 62 and 39, and a 66-year-old woman are expected to appear in the Manukau District Court on Thursday afternoon.
They have been charged with numerous offences such as sexual violation, injuring and neglect of a child.
Detective Senior Sergeant Mal Hassall said the investigation began in July 2022 after a report of concern was made to police.
"Our investigation has examined allegations of historical physical and sexual abuse of young boys in the care of this provider over a period of nearly seven years," Snr Srg Hassall said.
The alleged offending occurred between October 2003 and July 2010.
On Thursday, two search warrants were executed across South Auckland with 36 charges filed so far in connection to the investigation.
Snr Srg Hassall said further charges cannot be ruled out.
Police said while they have spoken to a large number of former residents of this facility, there are still some who police have not yet been able to speak with."
"I encourage anyone who has information or concerns they need to raise with Police in connection with this facility to get in contact with our investigation," Snr Srg Hassall said.
"The welfare of victims is our priority and we have ensured there is support available for all of those who have been engaging with the investigation.
"Anyone who is considering approaching Police can be assured that their matter will be taken seriously and treated in confidence."
Those people are asked to contact Police through the 105 phone service quoting Operation Pocket or the file number 220721/6568.