Saturday's by-election in Northcote saw National retain the seat vacated by former Health Minister Jonathan Coleman.
- Dan Bidois, National - 10,147 votes (50.98 percent)
- Shanan Halbert, Labour - 8785 votes (44.14)
- Rebekah Jaung, Greens - 579 votes (2.9)
- Stephen Berry, ACT - 157 votes (0.78)
- Kym Koloni (independent, formerly of NZ First) - 95 votes, (0.47)
- Jeff Lye, Legalise Cannabis - 76 votes (0.38)
- Tricia Cheel (Democrats) - 30 votes (0.15)
- Liam Walsh (Not A Party) - five votes (0.02)
There were 26 informal votes, and the turnout was 19,000 - 39.9 percent of all registered voters.
National's Dan Bidois' result was 1.3 percent lower than Dr Coleman's in 2017, while Labour's Shanan Halbert improved on his 2017 showing by 8.9 percent.
- Clear loser in Northcote, and it wasn't the candidates
- National's Dan Bidois wins Northcote by-election
National has held the seat since 2002.